If you want to stay underwater longer and safer this class is for you. Learn how to do decompression diving, and using Nitrox to reduce the decompression commitment. These 2 combined classes are required steps in technical diving. Learn how to generate your own dive tables, using computer software models. Lean how to rig doubles and stage bottles. This exciting class is 6 evenings of lectures, and 2 pool sessions. 6 open water dives are required to complete certification.
Must be 18 years old, basic Nitrox diver, 25 logged dives.
Experience with doubles (additional pool time can be arranged for those needing it).
Required gear: (Student must provide gear)
1. Alternative first and second stage attached to either doubles with manifold or large capacity single tank (95 cuft or larger) with an H-valve.
2. Stage/pony bottle with first & second stage & SPG with clips (at least 30 cuft)
3. 5 to 7 foot low pressure hose for second stage.
4. A submersible pressure gauge.
5. Depth gauge and automatic bottom timer and/or dive computer.
6. Buoyancy Compensator with power inflator.
7. Exposure suit adequate for the open water environment.
8. Slate, 2 Knives, lights (1 must be at least 6.6 watt), reel (250 feet) and lift bag (50lbs or larger).
9. Dive tables - Navy air decompression.
Click here for our current schedule!
Cost is $399.00 per class
Price includes courseware, not included equipment, rentals, fills or fees (boat or quarry)
The Illinois Institute of Diving
438 Roosevelt Road Glen Ellyn, Illinois 60137
(Across the street from McDonald's)
800-How-Dive (469-3483) ~ 630-469-3483 Fax 630-469-3491
Map to IID Dive Center
Open: Monday thru Friday 11:00 am - 8:00pm Saturday 9:00 am - 5:00pm
Sunday by appointment
www.iidscuba.com ~ email firstname.lastname@example.org
Classes - Schedule, Logon Online Courses, What Course is Right, Snorkeling, Discover Scuba, Basic Scuba, Advanced Scuba, Rescue Scuba, Master Diver, Nitrox Diver, Computer Nitrox Diver, CPR - First Aid & Oxygen Provider, Night Diver, Dry Suit Diver, Boat Diver, Search & Recovery, Hunter & Collector, Shipwreck Survey & Penetration, Ice Diver, Deep Diver, Underwater Photographer, Underwater Environment, Underwater Video Diver, Advanced Buoyancy Control, Shore/Beach Diver, Underwater Navigation Diver, Solo Diver, Full Face Mask Diver, Divemaster, Assistant Instructor, Skin Diver Instructor, Instructor, Intro to Technical Diving, Advanced Nitrox, Decompression Procedures, Normoxic Tri-Mix, Cavern Diver, Cave Diver, Equipment Care Class, Class Price List - Travel - IID Monthly Picnics, Exotic Dive Locations, Local Shipwreck & Quarry Diving - Equipment - Purchase Gear Online Now, Gear Packages, Regulators, Dive Computers, Gauges, BC's, Masks, Snorkels, Fins, Boots, Hoods, Gloves, Wetsuits, Dry Suits, Dive Lights, Rental Gear Prices - Repair - Equipment Repair & Servicing, Repair Price List - Other Cool Stuff - Current Specials, Current E-Mail, Gift Registry, Staff, Photoalbum, Scuba Links, Search the Site, Contact IID, Home